I’m back!! I know I’ve been slacking. I was finishing up grad school and with finals, my practicum, and a new part time job life has been crazy. But, no worries I won’t let it happen again.
Now that school is over, I tend to cook and bake A LOT more. I like to have little treats in the house to munch on and we have a terrible sweet tooth. I’m also a teacher so anything that is simple and easy to pack for lunch or snack throughout my workday is a must.
This week to kill two birds with one stone (breakfast for the morning, and a sweet tooth fix), I mixed up a batch of blueberry muffins. This can be deadly in our house. For some reason, my husband will eat 2-3 per day. Which puts me mixing up more before the week is over with. They never last long in our house.
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of blueberries
Let’s Get Busy
- Preheat your oven to 375. I’ve noticed lately when baking at 350. The middle tends to under bake compared to baking on 375.
- I spray my pan lightly with Bakers Joy. You can find it in the baking isle next to the other non stick sprays.
- In a mixing bowl combine your sugar, oil, cinnamon, egg, milk and vanilla. Mix until full combined.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt. I place it all on the wet ingredients to eliminate the extra dish.
- Now, mix until the wet and dry combines! BE CAREFUL not to over mix. You may have some lumps it’s ok. I tell myself about a good 10-12 “swirls”
- Now add your sour cream. (additional 5-8 swirls)
- Finally, add your blueberries. Be sure to wash and dry them. When adding them to your batter no need to mix just fold the batter over the blueberries. It’s completely ok to have some not covered in batter.
Time To Fill
- I use an ice cream scooper and a regular cupcake pan.
- Fill your sections to the top to get that good muffin shape
- Bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes
- Make sure the center of your muffins are cooked through by checking with a toothpick
- Finally, ENJOY!!!
Tag us in your awesome creations on Instagram @jade.rikki ,Twitter @jadeandrikki and we can also see the yummy creations if you use the hashtag #jadeandrikki. Feel free to email us, or comment below if you have questions or want us to try out one of your favorite cookie recipes.
Until Next Time,