The joys of struggling to decide on dinner ever Friday night haunts me! Clearly no one wants to cook a five star meal, and picking a restaurant is too demanding after a long week of work. So for convenience we do homemade pizza night about once a month (twice if we’ve been hit by the pizza fever).
I hit the jackpot with my husband. He can cook, although he allows me to do most of the cooking, certain meals are deemed “his”. This week instead of exploring a local Happy Hour, we opted for a relaxing pajama required dinner.
Prince Charming got to cooking while I was able to kick back with a glass of wine and unwind with the 2000’s R&B Pandora station playing. As he calls it, the Spinach Meatball masterpiece was our poison for the night. It came out beyond amazing, and it was our first time using this particular combination of ingredients.
Serving Size–2 pizzas
1/2 bag of spinach
1 can of Barilla Roasted Garlic Sauce or Tomato & Basil
6 Turkey Meatballs
2 Pillsbury Thin Crust pizza crust
1/3 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of pesto (per pizza)–there no such thing as too much pesto
1/4 Cup of Smoked Gouda
1/2 of Pizza Blend Cheese (combination pack at your local grocery store or Italian will do)
Let’s Get Busy
- First preheat your oven to 425
- Chop your spinach
- Next, flour your stone pizza pan lightly (we sprinkle just enough to cover the main spots so it wont stick! See the picture below)
- Next, open your dough and roll it out to your desired preference
- Now, spoon out your desired amount of sauce (we put it in a bowl and add pesto, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and olive oil to it)
- Cover the rolled out dough with the sauce
- Add your toppings (cheese, spinach, meat, more cheese)
- Now, to the oven it goes (cook time 8-12 minutes, we like it a nice golden brown which is a 10 minute cook time)
- Last but not least, ENJOY!!!!!
Tag us in your awesome creations on Instagram @jade.rikki ,Twitter @jadeandrikki and we can also see the yummy creations if you use the hashtag #jadeandrikki. Feel free to email us, or comment below if you have questions or want us to try out one of your pizza recipes.
Until Next Time,