And we are back in the kitchen….mixing up Sunday morning pancakes. Growing up, on the weekends my Dad would cook pancakes for the family. As we completed our chorus, he could mix up such a simple, buttery pancake that would put us all to sleep afterwards.
Now that I’m older, I find myself reverting back to childhood traditions. Some traditions I keep the same, and some I find myself adding a little tweak here and there. I have a love for anything that requires extra vanilla or cinnamon. So, why not add it to pancakes?
Below is my version of a vanilla cinnamon pancake. This recipe makes about 8-10 pancakes. It also works well if you add a cup of pecans or blueberries.
Perfect for National Pancake Day coming on March 8, 2016!!!
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/12 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of slightly melted butter
Let’s Get Busy….
- Combine dry ingredients first (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt)
- Whisk ingredients well
- Combine wet ingredients (milk, vanilla, cinnamon, slightly melted, and egg)
- Now, combine your wet ingredients with your dry (I normally do it in 3rds)
- Whisk until the ingredients are combined evenly
- Be careful not to over beat the ingredients, your pancakes will not be fluffy if this happens! Trust me, I’ve done it a few times. It’s ok to have lumps 🙂
- I normally use an electric skillet (275 degrees) , because it cooks more than one pancake at a time.
- Butter the skillet lightly
- I use a half of ladle per pancake
- Allow 3-4 mins of cook time per side
Mark your calendars, National Pancake Day is March 8, 2016. Tag us in your awesome creations on Instagram @jade.rikki ,Twitter @jadeandrikki and we also see the yummy creations if you use the hashtag #jadeandrikki. Feel free to email us, or comment below if you have questions or want us to try out one of your pancake recipes.
Until Next Time,